Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Samkar78
Helper I
Helper I

Calculation group not working suddenly on Power BI service.

This use to work perfectly but today the calculation group set up to compare vs Year to date or Vs Previous month are not working anymore.

I build it with Tabular Editor.

KO

Samkar78_1-1711394846281.png

It sill works on Power BI Desktop.

OK

Samkar78_2-1711394928728.png

Does anybody have the same trouble ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vpatel55
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Hi @Samkar78 , @CSMA , @ramondy , @BLeZLiE this now appears fixed for me on the Power BI Service, however it now appears broken in the April 2024 version of Power BI Desktop. I've reverted back to the February 2024 version of Power BI Destkop and its working properly there for me. Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samkar78
Helper I
Helper I

OK for me as well.
It's working fine again.

vpatel55
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Hi @Samkar78 , @CSMA , @ramondy , @BLeZLiE this now appears fixed for me on the Power BI Service, however it now appears broken in the April 2024 version of Power BI Desktop. I've reverted back to the February 2024 version of Power BI Destkop and its working properly there for me. Thanks.

CSMA

I have the same problem and after installing the newest version of PowerBI Desktop this error appears in PowerBI Desktop as well. Seems like the recent update is causing the bug...

Samkar78
Helper I
Helper I

It doesn't work either with power BI calculation groups (in Preview mode)
I've created the same time inteligence calculation group as in Tabular Editor in power BI desktop

Samkar78_0-1712073036593.png

then created groups on those calculation groups

Samkar78_3-1712073945661.png

Then a slicer on that group.
Works OK on my PC

Samkar78_2-1712073750433.png

KO on power BI service

Samkar78_1-1712073197994.png

v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Samkar78 ,

As you say, perhaps creating tables and applying filters at lower levels of each table and then creating bookmarks would be a good way to go.

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

Hi @Samkar78 if its any help, I have a very similiar issue and an open support ticket with Microsoft. Yesterday they said:

"We’ve been informed by our internal team that there’s an ongoing issue with Calculated groups in the Power BI Service.
Unfortunately, the estimated time of resolution is not yet fixed. Rest assured, we’ll keep you updated if there are any further developments regarding this matter."

Samkar78
Helper I
Helper I

I also tried to filter on a standard group.
Same thing. It works OK on my PC but not on power Bi service.

Samkar78_1-1711446280776.png

The only solution I see is to create 3 tables with filter applied on a lower level on each and then create bookmarks.

Samkar78
Helper I
Helper I

I have no error message. It does not select the right items.
The problem does not come from the calculation group itself but from the filter I use on that page

Samkar78_0-1711445017599.png

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Samkar78 

Could you provide an error screenshot of where this is happening Also, can you please download and install the latest version of Power BI desktop to ensure that you have the latest fixes?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors