Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

d_astr
Regular Visitor

Buy pro subscription having pro trial active

Hello everyone.

I currently have Pro trial extended active. It expires in 200 days. But for other users in my company trial expired, so I'm going to buy Pro license for them. I also want to buy pro for my account at the same time as for other accounts - it's easier this way. But if I buy pro trial for my current account before my trial expires, will I lose pro trial or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@d_astr Based on other user stories I am under the impression that if you were to apply an actual Pro license to the account, if you removed the license I would assume you would fall back to a normal, non-extended, free license/trial period. There was a specific use case in which this license was applied, and I would be cautious to remove it if you are unsure.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@d_astr Based on other user stories I am under the impression that if you were to apply an actual Pro license to the account, if you removed the license I would assume you would fall back to a normal, non-extended, free license/trial period. There was a specific use case in which this license was applied, and I would be cautious to remove it if you are unsure.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer thank you, I was afraid that is the case. And do you know, can I buy license, say, in January, but apply it to account in September?

@d_astr I believe all licensing is based on Usage. It needs to be actively assigned to a user in order for you to be charged.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors