Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rocky2121
Frequent Visitor

Automate Report Schedule Sends

I am looking for an option to be able to create schedule sends, similar to how BOBJ WebI & Crystal reports work.

I have created a few reports that include inventory data, that need to be sent to suppliers daily. The schedule send out would have to include the capability of exporting the tables within my reports to excel and applying filters to the schedule send.

Example: I have published a report to the service. Now business users would need to schedule these reports to send to suppliers. Most of the time, they would need to filter for only inventory levels from yesterday and need to scecify the location in the schedule send to filter the report.

Does anyone have any guidance on how I can achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rocky2121 ,

I think you first need to create scheduled cloud streams that trigger at the frequency you need.

vyilongmsft_0-1715577221430.png

Secondly you can use the "Export to a file of Power BI reports" action in Power Automate. You can export Power BI reports to an Excel file.

vyilongmsft_1-1715577347980.png

After exporting the report to Excel, add another step in the process to send an email to the vendor. Use the Send Email (V2) action (or similar) and attach the exported Excel file. Configure the To, Subject and Body fields as required. You can view this document for more information: Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyilongmsft_2-1715577522960.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Read about Power Automate and the options to export reports to various formats and send them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors