Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

omdavies
Frequent Visitor

Assigning groups without email to a workspace

Hi

I am working in an environmnet where a number of on premise AD groups have been migrated to AAD but do not have group email addresses assigned.

How can I use these groups as membership to a workspace in PowerBI.com as they do not get listed (expecting an email address ?)

Any help appreciated

Owen

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @omdavies 

Based on my research, you may go to Microsoft 365 Admin Center to create a new Group or use an existing group.

c1.png

Then you can add your existing AAD-groups members to the corresponding groups. Finally, you may add the group to 'Workspace access' of the corresponding new workspace.

c2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @omdavies, assuming you created a "new workspace", according to the documentation, you can add multiple AD security groups, distribution lists, or Office 365 groups to these lists to allow for easier user management.

So the minimum you need is a (mail enabled) security group. We also use these for access to workspaces.

You could use your existing AAD-groups to fill the mail enabled security groups. So you can re-use those.

Did this help you or did I answer your question?
Then please give kudos or mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com
Twitter: @NickyvV

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors