Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analysis Services Connection not working in the Power BI Service

Is anybody else experiencing issues with Power BI service gateway connecting to Analysis Services as of today?

Major issues this morning. All our reports which all use analysis service tabular models (SQL Server 2012) could not be refreshed. They were fine up until 9PM GMT on 30th March. I carried out the following steps to rectify the issue:-

1. Removed the on-premise gateway on our UAT server
  2. Reinstalled the latest gateway on the UAT server
  3. Created a data source for the required analysis services database which connected successfully in the Power BI Service
  4. Removed the original report from the Power BI service
  5. Deployed the report to the Power BI service. The report is using SSAS connection created in step 3
  6. Checked the report in Power BI service. I received the following error above the report:-

There was a data source error. Please contact the gateway administrator.

I created another data source which was direct query to a SQL Server database, deployed a report for that data source and everything works fine. It is definitely Analysis Services specific. As far as I know nothing has changed on our environments.

Have Microsoft made changes been made to SSAS connections in the Power BI Service? Urgently need this resolved.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors