Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Action buttons that navigate to other reports in app

Hi,

I am having an app with several reports. I want to have one front page with buttons where I can navigate to the different reports in the workspace. I have managed to do this with the help of "action" -> web-url functionality, but the issue is that everytime I click on a button the report will open in a new tab, not in the same window as I am in. Is there a way to get around this so that the navigation on my front page will be similar as to the one on the left pane?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Robert_G
Frequent Visitor

I would like to have the same functionality too. In addition, like the page-navigation with Button , the use of Bookmarks would be nice. Having this, a webpage like navigation with dropdown menues can be realized like this:

Robert_G_0-1670848850115.png

SchererN
Frequent Visitor

I would like to have the same functionality. I have some naviatgation buttons at the top of my report. The navigation buttons go to different reports. I want users to be able to select the button without a new tab showing up. I just want it to follow the link to the new page. Is this possible yet?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

As far as I’m concerned, the custom navigation for Power BI apps can be the only way to achieve your requirement in Power Bi at current.

App-Nav-GA-Consumption.gif

You can refer to these links:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/designing-custom-navigation-for-power-bi-apps-is-now-available/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-designing-custom-navigation-for-power-bi-apps-is-now-generally-available-ga/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert, thanks for your answer. I don't believe this will do it, since this only enables me to paste a link to a separate app and embed it into my app - or am I misunderstanding this?

The core issue is thus that I need to paste a URL into my "action button" and keep the navigation within the app I am in - which seems tricky to do. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again, any ideas on this anybody? It's a real pain. Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors