Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Accidently deleted a report leaving the dashboard to show nothing

I was moving files from one workspace to another whereby I accidently deleted some power bi reports leaving the dashboard to show no visuals. Is there a way to get the visuals to show as they were before being deleted.

P.S. trying to publish deleted files back to the workspace to see what happens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

No. You'll have to recreate the tiles. When you delete a report and republish, it isn't based on the name of the report but some underlying GUID or something - the URL will be different, for example. So the connection to the tiles will also be permenantly gone.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

No. You'll have to recreate the tiles. When you delete a report and republish, it isn't based on the name of the report but some underlying GUID or something - the URL will be different, for example. So the connection to the tiles will also be permenantly gone.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors