Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RyBe

API - ActivityEvents returns duplicate activity id

We ran into an issue processing the Power BI activity events in our datawarehouse.

Processing a table for building op history ran into in error, as we received the same activity id twice (54b5324d-4d3a-441d-a282-224f3a47d69d). An error occurred since we use the attribute [id] as a business key for building up history, i.e. to determine if an activity event record is new or updated.

How is this possible? Attribute [id] is defined in the MS documentation as being the unique identifier of an audit record.

We also noted that the attribute [Activity] has the following value: 'ArtifactAccessRequest'. The above mentioned activity id is the only activity event we ever extracted that has this value for attribute [Activity].

Kind regards,

Ryan Beijers

1 REPLY 1
ali_b
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue here with "ArtifactAccessRequest". I've seen one of the duplicates include ArtifactId and other Artifact attributes, whilst the other doesn't, but has "ObjectDisplayName" attribute instead. 

However, I also have a couple of instances of other events which have pure duplicates (exactly same ID and all other attributes), sepcifically one "View Dashboard" and one "ViewReport".

Got to be a bug!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors