Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

theRealMrGott

Wrong data displayed on Report Server

In my powerbi file I have several calculated columns.

My organization uses PowerBI 2021 September version.
Problem I'm having is with this one in particular: I'm calculating difference in minutes between two datetime columns. Another column is created to assign ID ranges to time for instance if time difference is less than 30 minus I'll return 1 for its range. I have another ranges and labels table which is connected to my table on this calculated ID of 1 with corresponding text label "<30 min" that I'm using to display in a table visual. Wherever it's possible I'm using SWITCH statement.

If I refresh the report (it's based on import query) on desktop ranges are assigned correctly and where it's calculated range is 1, it's getting assigned correct range but when the report is published to the server instead of "<30 min" it might display "4-8hours". 

Can anyone suggest what can be potentially wrong or how do I debug to find the issue?

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theRealMrGott ,

Since you mentioned using Power BI 2021 September version, verify if there are any known issues or limitations with calculated columns or DAX expressions in this specific version when published to the server.

With the January 2022 release, power bi is optimised for switch.

What's new in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.