Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

santiago_ortiz
Frequent Visitor

What should not work in PBI-RS from data sources coming from python scripts?

Hello, is it true that python scripts are not supported in PBI RS? I created in PBI desktop for PBI-RS a report that retrieves data from an API consumed and processed using python scripts, I published it to the Report Server and tried to open the report, it worked well and the visuals are loaded as normal, so what are not supported about python scripts?

The documentation says the following, but it is contra dictory to my tests:

From the comparison between PBI Service and Server:

Create Python scripts and visuals in Power BI Desktop and publish them to the Power BI service. You can't save Power BI reports with Python scripts or visuals to Power BI Report Server.

Please clarify this topic for me, thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So if you ran the python script locally then uploaded the results to Report Server that would work.

But you will not be able to schedule a refresh of a report like this on Report Server since it does not support executing python scripts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So if you ran the python script locally then uploaded the results to Report Server that would work.

But you will not be able to schedule a refresh of a report like this on Report Server since it does not support executing python scripts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.