Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Report server Azure Marketplace template is not deploying Defect from Microsoft

Hi,

I tried to showcase P{owerBI Report server to our management. So I loggedin to the Azure Portal and found this template from marketplace.PowerBI Report server.jpg

When I deployed this template after entering the password.It could not be deployed and I tried it at least 10 times but it never works. Looks like Microsoft Team is not even testing their product before releasing it to the customer. I have engaged Microsoft support (Case # :120042024005458 | e Cannot create a VM using Power BI Report Server image from Azure Marketplace)

and it has been four days they are unable to figure it out what the issue is. Due to alll this one of the important customer demo and production movement into the Azure environment has to be CANCELLED.

error2.jpg

Any clue!!

Regards

Rajaniesh

3 REPLIES 3
KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

do you try to install the Power BI Report Server to show it to your management?

Then you need this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

And a introduction how to install it you can find here:

https://radacad.com/power-bi-report-server-power-bi-in-on-premises-world

Via Azure I guess you can combine it with a specific capacity (Premium). 

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

I just tried this and it worked fine for me just accepting all the default for VM sizes.

The fact that your error appears to be a time out points to it being maybe a resourcing issue or a temporary performance issue. I know with the current COVID-19 pandemic that Microsoft is prioritizing resources for emergency use, so there is a chance that the resources you requested were temporarily unavailable.

2020-04 pbirs azure.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

No that is not true. Microsoft development team messed up the deployment and when I logged a case to rectify it they took almost two weeks to correct it. After correcting it now it is working fine. I have Microsoft case number for the same.This was a horrible experience to wait for sucvh a long time and nobody tested the ARM templates before publishing it.

Regards

Rajaniesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors