Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mohamedabotir

Power Bi Report Server with AppOwnsDataAdmin

Dear community, i have use case to create power bi implementation to make my user of application  create report and manage it and we have constraint our facilities data cannot be out side our servers so firstly i create project and work with AppOwnsData and this is great but i need to read reports from Power Bi Report Server ,
my question there are any way to make my application(AppOwnsData example from microsoft) read reports from Power Bi Report Server? .
thanks alots

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The short answer is No - the AppOwnsData scenario is only supported by the cloud service.

You can do iFrame embedding using Report Server (see Embed a Power BI Report Server report using an iFrame in SharePoint Server - Power BI | Microsoft Le...) but that is closer to an OrgOwnsData scenario.

If you built your own authentication provider you might be able to figure out some hybrid approach, but this is not something that is supported out of the box with Report Server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The short answer is No - the AppOwnsData scenario is only supported by the cloud service.

You can do iFrame embedding using Report Server (see Embed a Power BI Report Server report using an iFrame in SharePoint Server - Power BI | Microsoft Le...) but that is closer to an OrgOwnsData scenario.

If you built your own authentication provider you might be able to figure out some hybrid approach, but this is not something that is supported out of the box with Report Server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.