Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server (January 2019) Oracle Database Data Source

Hi, I am testing with Power BI Report Server connected to Oracle Database 12c, all the components have been configured correctly but when I try to visualize content I return error, in the log I found the following, they could indicate me how I can solve.

2019-01-23 18:07:57.8126|ERROR|35|PBI.Win.ProcessingError|ExceptionType:Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException;stackTrace: at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.Discover(String requestType, String requestNamespace, IDictionary restrictions, InlineErrorHandlingType inlineErrorHandling, IDictionary requestProperties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.GetSchemaDataSet(String schemaName, String schemaNamespace, IDictionary adomdRestrictions, Boolean throwOnInlineErrors, IDictionary requestProperties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.GetSchemaDataSet(String schemaName, String schemaNamespace, AdomdRestrictionCollection restrictions, Boolean throwOnInlineErrors, AdomdPropertyCollection requestProperties)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.DefaultAdoMdConnectionFactory.GetSchemaDataSet(IDbConnection connection, String schemaName, IList`1 restrictionList)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdoMdDaxConnection.InternalGetModelMetadata(String catalogName, String perspectiveName, String supportedVersion)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdomdExceptionHandler.Execute[T](String connectionString, Func`1 func)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdoMdDaxConnection.GetModelMetadata(String perspectiveName, String supportedVersion)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportingServicesHost.LocalReportProcessingHost.GetModelMetadata(DataSourceInfo dataSourceInfo, IDbConnectionPool connectionPool, String modelMetadataVersion, IConnectionUserImpersonator connectionUserImpersonator, ITelemetryService telemetryService);message:GetModelMetadata;| RequestID = '' ClientSessionID = ''
2019-01-23 18:07:57.8126|ERROR|35|PBI.Win.ReportingServicesHostTrace|type:Error;message:library:Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.CannotRetrieveModelException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.CannotRetrieveModelException: An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'EntityDataSource'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of ''.
The command failed to execute because it was unable to impersonate a Windows user identity.
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.Discover(String requestType, String requestNamespace, IDictionary restrictions, InlineErrorHandlingType inlineErrorHandling, IDictionary requestProperties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.GetSchemaDataSet(String schemaName, String schemaNamespace, IDictionary adomdRestrictions, Boolean throwOnInlineErrors, IDictionary requestProperties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.GetSchemaDataSet(String schemaName, String schemaNamespace, AdomdRestrictionCollection restrictions, Boolean throwOnInlineErrors, AdomdPropertyCollection requestProperties)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.DefaultAdoMdConnectionFactory.GetSchemaDataSet(IDbConnection connection, String schemaName, IList`1 restrictionList)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdoMdDaxConnection.InternalGetModelMetadata(String catalogName, String perspectiveName, String supportedVersion)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdomdExceptionHandler.Execute[T](String connectionString, Func`1 func)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdoMdDaxConnection.GetModelMetadata(String perspectiveName, String supportedVersion)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportingServicesHost.LocalReportProcessingHost.GetModelMetadata(DataSourceInfo dataSourceInfo, IDbConnectionPool connectionPool, String modelMetadataVersion, IConnectionUserImpersonator connectionUserImpersonator, ITelemetryService telemetryService)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---;;| RequestID = '' ClientSessionID = ''

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We issued a fix yesterday that should address this issue. Please upgrade to the latest build available.

Thanks,
Rohit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We issued a fix yesterday that should address this issue. Please upgrade to the latest build available.

Thanks,
Rohit
Anonymous
Not applicable

can I have a link of this upgrade?  I have downloaded the same in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/ but issue is the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greats!, it is solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.