Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

zumaval

Power BI March 2018 Not Functional

I've run through this process in a test environment and can't seem to complete the upgrade to PBI RS from the March 2018 release.  

I'm starting from an SSRS 2016 server.  Ran through the upgrade process to the PowerBI RS October 2017 release.  

From there everything seems to work fine.  I can browse the folders, run reports, no problem.  

When I attempt to install the PBIRS March 2018 release, it seems to go through just fine but the report server is not browsable.  All we get is a notice "Something went wrong.  Please try again later".  

I've attempted this process several times.  It leaves me in exactly the same spot every time.  As far as I can tell, the March 2018 release of PBI Report Server is a bust.

1 REPLY 1
zumaval

Some more information. I did a seperate install on a fresh database to see if I was missing anything and there were 80+ objects missing.  Mostly stored procedures, some tables.  Either way, I think that the server worked after the Oct 2017 install was superficial only.  I had only attempted to run SSRS paginated reports and no PBI reports. My guess is it wasn't really working with the old version either. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors