Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

garich
Frequent Visitor

Make source of Paginated Report automatically change when deployed to new environment

Hi,

I am constructing a report where I aim to embed Paginated Reports in Power BI Desktop. How can I automate the process of setting the data source to fetch it from the correct environment (DEV, TEST, PROD)/workspace for these Paginated Reports?

Currently, I need to manually change all tabs that contain a paginated report into the right environment.

Ellipsis > Edit

garich_0-1708730942611.png

It automatically references the DEV and I need to manually set it to TEST.

garich_1-1708731030383.png

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garich ,

Utilize Power Automate: Create a flow in Power Automate that triggers on a schedule or specific event that suits your workflow. This flow can be designed to modify the data source of your Paginated Reports dynamically based on the environment you wish to target (DEV, TEST, PROD). For more detailed guidance on using Power Automate with Power BI, please refer to this documentation:Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.