Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ReciMixi
Frequent Visitor

Incremental refresh with a specific start date for dataset

Hi, 

I've my report connected to the Oracle Database, I have set up all my RangeStart/End and incremental refresh. I want to only imported dataset starting from 01/01/2023 to YTD - no data from 2022, and I am wondering what and how I should set it up in my incremental refresh setting. I am currently set the archive data starting 3 months from refresh date and incremental refresh 20 days - which will imported my data from 01/01/2023. But by doing it I have to constantly going back to change the setting and refreshing it - this may take up a lot of time everytime I change the setting. I was wondering is there a way we can set a specific start date for import data and they will do the incremental refresh starting from that specific date, in my example is 01/01/2023. Thank you in advance. 

ReciMixi_0-1681401373059.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Nothing stops you from adding another date filter to your query (in addition to RangeStart/RangeEnd).  You may end up with a couple of empty partitions but that should be acceptable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.