Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Laylaqa

Error uploading report on report server - Power BI version is optimized for Server

Hello all, 

I keep getting this error when uploading my report to the Power BI report server: 

"We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power BI Desktop that is not yet supported by this server"

I looked up this error; many solutions recommend having the latest Power version that is optimized for the Power BI server, which I already have and use.

My current BI version is: 2.105.1143.0 32-bit (May 2022)

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

This error typically means that someone at some point has edited this file with a version of desktop later than the version on your Report Server. Do you know what release the server is running? You can find this out by going to the ? symbol in the top right corner of the portal and choosing the "About Power BI Report Server" option. 

The Desktop version needs to be the same or earlier than the server version.

Once you've confirmed this the only ways I know to get the report into an older version of desktop are the ones I've blogged here Power BI Report Server – fixing “Can’t upload this report” – Random Procrastination (gosbell.com)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

This error typically means that someone at some point has edited this file with a version of desktop later than the version on your Report Server. Do you know what release the server is running? You can find this out by going to the ? symbol in the top right corner of the portal and choosing the "About Power BI Report Server" option. 

The Desktop version needs to be the same or earlier than the server version.

Once you've confirmed this the only ways I know to get the report into an older version of desktop are the ones I've blogged here Power BI Report Server – fixing “Can’t upload this report” – Random Procrastination (gosbell.com)

Thank you d_gosbell, I checked the version and it was not compatible with the server. 

I installed the compatible version (Jan 2023) and it worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors