Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HavenerTed
Frequent Visitor

Embedded Report In Website: After Sign In page requires refresh of website page.

Hello all,

I have created multiple Power BI reports that are embedded into my company website and every time a user signs in to view the report the page remains static and the user has to refresh the page no matter what web browser they are using. Frankly, this is unnacceptable and it is damaging to the usage of the report which provides an incredible amount of value for everyone in my company. I need this to be resolved by Microsoft. 

I am aware of this post on Microsoft Learn (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-secure), but it says the web browsers my users are signing in with are supported yet they still have a refresh issue. Surely this can be fixed and I know someone must be experiencing a similar problem. 

Please upvote or reply!

Thanks all, love this community and I love Power BI just need this to be fixed. 

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

That sounds like it could be an issue with your embedded page. Are you using this technique Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn to embed the reports or are you doing something else? If you are following the instructions in the previous link and it's not working then a support ticket is probably justified.

Hello again sir, thank you for replying. We are using the same technique given in the instructions. I have reached out to my web developer to verify. I will be submitting a support ticket if this is confirmed. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks for your assistance.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you think you are hitting a bug you should raise an official support ticket to get this investigated.

Is this a DQ model where you have configured automatic page refresh? Depending on where the report is hosted there are different limits on how frequently the page will refresh. see Automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Or is this some other scenario?

No the model is in import but refreshes 8 times a day. Once we get Premium in 2024 we will be increasing that. But it's not a data refresh issue, it's more of an access issue. When my users try to sign in to the embedded report they sign in and then the page remains static at the sign in page. Then the user click refresh on the website page and the report opens. 

Do you think a support ticket would be the best chance to get this working?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.