Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Taher1
Frequent Visitor

Changes within merges in power query

Hello, 

I will try my best to describe my problem: 

I have created a report that uses data from multiple sources. 

I have a table from Excel with different positions and ratios that I connected using SharePoint:

Taher1_0-1665406847175.png

and another table with employees (includes ratio column from merging the first table and then expanding the ratio column): 

Taher1_1-1665406910892.png

When I apply changes to the ratios in the original Excel-Workbook (for an example ratio 15% is changed to 18%). The changes apply in the first table and the second table in Power Query and Power BI Desktop after refreshing the data. 

In Power BI Service however, the changes only apply in the first table and NOT in the second even after refreshing. This is frustrating and I need help to figure out how to let the change apply in the second table as well. 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Taher1 ,

I test it in the Power BI service and Power BI Desktop, the data will change if the "Ratio" change.

Please try below steps:

1. if you use the gateway, please confirm you have set the gateway correctly

2. please confirm all the operations is correct

I have attached my test data source and .pbix file, please refer.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Taher1 ,

I test it in the Power BI service and Power BI Desktop, the data will change if the "Ratio" change.

Please try below steps:

1. if you use the gateway, please confirm you have set the gateway correctly

2. please confirm all the operations is correct

I have attached my test data source and .pbix file, please refer.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-binbinyu-msft,

I tested it with your dataset and it worked. I think the problem is because of the data source credentials. 

Taher1_0-1665483128236.png

At first, I had a trouble setting the credentials but then I just skipped the connection test. I am using workato to pull my data from a data source on cloud using an API-TOKEN. Do you know what kind of credentials could work to connect this data source properly? 

Best regards,

Taher

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors