Decision Trees

4544 Views
Highlighted

Decision Trees

[ Edited ]

report_DTs.JPG

Description

With decision trees, you can visualize the probability of something you want to estimate, based on decision criteria from the historic data.

The decision tree classifier automatically finds the important decision criteria to consider.

Prerequisites (The sample .pbix files will not work without these prerequites completed)

1. Install R Engine

Power BI Desktop does not include, deploy or install the R engine. To run R scripts in Power BI Desktop, you must separately installR on your local computer. You can download and install R for free from many locations, including the Revolution Open download page, and the CRAN Repository.

2. Install the required R packages.

Download the R script attached to this message and run it to install all required packages on your local machine. 

Required R packages:

rpart, rpart.plot, RColorBrewer

Tested on:

CRAN 3.3.1 R, MRO 3.3.0, , powerbi.com

Legal Disclaimers:

Terms of Service and Third Party Programs.

Attachment
Attachment
Attachment
Frequent Visitor

Re: Decision Trees

Dear Sharon

This is really excellent - my only question is whether there is a way to format (i) the colors, to make the output better fit in with the existing report and (ii) the formating of numbers in nodes? I am working on a loan portfolio to estimate the likelihood of default - but the loan amounts are presented in ln (XeY) format - it would be really helpful to amend these.

Regardless, this is an excellent contribution!

Gratefully,

Tim