Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

new dataflow created but in PBI desktop i cannot see these items.

hi,

have created some new dataflows in Power BI service and if i want to use the PBI Desktop to connect to these dataflows, I cannot see the content in the workspaces. In this case i use Get data> Dataflows>workspaces. My colleague is able to see all of these flows. What is going wrong?

thnx!!

M

12 REPLIES 12
hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, 

I meant this one here

hashtag_pete_0-1704791469436.png

hi Pete,

this is the goal of my request, but you are already in PBI Desktop, I am not able to connect to the data flow and thus not able to refresh....

Hi, 

what I meant was the following:

when you connect to PowerPlatform.Dataflows like this:

let
    Source = PowerPlatform.Dataflows(null)
in
    Source

then you need to navigate through the Workspaces:

hashtag_pete_1-1704797548484.png

where you chose your workspace.

And the dataflows shown there might be from an old preview, which you can see in bottom right corner:

hashtag_pete_2-1704797644961.png

When you hit "refresh preview", I was hoping that you will then see the dataflow you are looking for. 

Because I had this issue once: the preview was showing the workspace at an older status, missing a dataflow that was quite recently added. 

hi Pete, 

thanks for sharing this way of connecting with me, it is interesting but it will give the same result if i try to connect via Get data>more>data platform>dataflows=

"This table is empty".....

Hi, 

and what happens if you go to Power Query, open a blank query and paste this snippet?

let
in
    Source

and then extend workspaces?

hi Pete, am in Transform data> new query> paste 

let
in
    Source
but nothing appears...

Hello, 

can you please make sure you are logged into Power BI Desktop? This should be the case when on top right corner you can see your log in profile. 

Of course this should be the profile in the same tennant as you are looeg into in the service. Please make also sure, that you are working with an updated Power BI Desktop version (e.g. December 2023 version, to be seen in "About" section in the File menu)

If problem still persists, you should contact a microsoft representative and open a ticket, which is free of costs if you are running on a Pro licence. 

BR

Pete

hi Pete,

checked everything and both credentials as well as the version are correct. The weird thing is that i am not able to see the content of the workspace (and the data flow) and my colleague has no problem at all (same version of PBI). As suggested, will create a ticket with MS for this.

Appreciate your help,

thanks a lot!

Maarten

hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, 

in case you connected to the same workspace before: did you do a preview refresh? 

best of luck

pete

hi Pete,

I have added a refresh schedule to the data flow and that works well. Report and data in service module is available but not via the desktop mode.....

Any ideas?

Thnx!!

emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi Ankit,

thanks for the swift response, checked all the topics you suggested. I am able to see the dataflow in Service, am also the admin for that workspace and i am using the same account for the desktop version and unfortunately i cannot see the dataflow in the desktop version....

Any other idea what causes this issue?
thnx!!!

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @emveha 

Are you able to see those in service? Please do check your permission level on the workspace and dataflow just to be sure the permissions are correct. Also, I would check if the account used in Desktop is same. 

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors