Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

edoGrammo
Regular Visitor

We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided.

I am trying connecting to a customer integration implementing basic auth. LINK

I have received the integrationID and I have Base encoded my credentials.

I successfully connect by PostMan and by python. 

However, I receive the error "we couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided" when using the following query:

let
Headers = [
#"Authentication" = basic_auth,
#"X-Application-Key" = integrationID],

content = Web.Contents(Instance & sysAPIUrl & ProjectId & "/mail", [Headers=Headers])
in
content

where Instance, sysAPIUrl, and ProjectId are parameteres I set up.

How may i degub this error in PBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edoGrammo ,

It seems like there might be a typo in your Power Query code. The header for Basic Authentication should be “Authorization”, not “Authentication”.

let
    Headers = [#"Authorization" = "Basic " & basic_auth, #"X-Application-Key" = integrationID],
    content = Web.Contents(Instance & sysAPIUrl & ProjectId & "/mail", [Headers=Headers])
in
    content

Make sure is correctly holding the Base64-encoded credentials in the format .

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly--How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum--China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edoGrammo ,

It seems like there might be a typo in your Power Query code. The header for Basic Authentication should be “Authorization”, not “Authentication”.

let
    Headers = [#"Authorization" = "Basic " & basic_auth, #"X-Application-Key" = integrationID],
in
    content

Make sure is correctly holding the Base64-encoded credentials in the format .

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly--How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum--China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors