Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User input as parameter in power BI

Hi Microsoft,

I am working on a dashboard, where I have a column eg., leading Numbers (It will have some millions of data under that column), Now, I want to allow end user to input  their choice of number , so that the table visual reflect. For this I tried using dynamic parameter wherein I given one number and it is displaying in visual. But I want power BI end user to input for change value dynamically. How can I acheive this.?

Note:- I am using Cosmos DB as a source. It usually have nested coulmns , so I could not able to use filters/slicers directly in report. So, I have chosen dynamic parameter.

Please, let me know if you want any additional details. 

Kindly, help me

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Syndicate_Admin,

Thank  You So Much , This really helped me. 

But, this solution worked for my Dev environment where I had only few lakhs of data.  Later,  I tried to apply using Pre Production Cosmos DB connection. I tried connecting using direct query mode where it has like many many millions of data (very huge). Then the query editor started refreshing and did not complete fetching the data . 

In this case, I want my query editor (transformation) to load or fetch only column names , not the data as soon as I select the table  to load. But when I tried to load table, it tried to refresh/ fetch entire data (which is failing to load huge data). 

Please, help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors