Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User input as parameter in power BI

Hi Microsoft,

I am working on a dashboard, where I have a column eg., leading Numbers (It will have some millions of data under that column), Now, I want to allow end user to input  their choice of number , so that the table visual reflect. For this I tried using dynamic parameter wherein I given one number and it is displaying in visual. But I want power BI end user to input for change value dynamically. How can I acheive this.?

Note:- I am using Cosmos DB as a source. It usually have nested coulmns , so I could not able to use filters/slicers directly in report. So, I have chosen dynamic parameter.

Please, let me know if you want any additional details. 

Kindly, help me

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Syndicate_Admin,

Thank  You So Much , This really helped me. 

But, this solution worked for my Dev environment where I had only few lakhs of data.  Later,  I tried to apply using Pre Production Cosmos DB connection. I tried connecting using direct query mode where it has like many many millions of data (very huge). Then the query editor started refreshing and did not complete fetching the data . 

In this case, I want my query editor (transformation) to load or fetch only column names , not the data as soon as I select the table  to load. But when I tried to load table, it tried to refresh/ fetch entire data (which is failing to load huge data). 

Please, help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors