Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MTAB1380
Regular Visitor

URGENT!!!Unable to see the "EDIT SETTINGS" option in Power Query Editor

HI All,

I am unable to see the "wheel" next to Query 1 as per the snapshot. It was present before but all of a s udden it appears to have vanished.

Previously I was able to click in the wheel and update the Query in order to fetch the data, but now I do not see it anymore.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

MTAB

Edit Settings Missing.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MTAB1380
Regular Visitor

Hi team,

Thanks for all your help. I was able to resolve the issue. I shared the PBx with one of my peers and asked to share the entire Query which was visible in Query1, pasted into my broken Query1 within PowerBI and it worked. Thought of responding so that others may use if they encounter a similar situation.

Thanks team 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MTAB1380
Regular Visitor

Hi team,

Thanks for all your help. I was able to resolve the issue. I shared the PBx with one of my peers and asked to share the entire Query which was visible in Query1, pasted into my broken Query1 within PowerBI and it worked. Thought of responding so that others may use if they encounter a similar situation.

Thanks team 🙂

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @MTAB1380 ,

Based on the apparent urgency of this question, I would suggest that you go to the Home tab > Advanced Editor.

This will allow you to see and edit the entire query code, including the source query, in order to get done what you need to as quickly as possible.

We'll need to understand what your source step comprises of (e.g. query reference, native query, web query etc.) in order to get to a longer-term solution.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks @BA_Pete for your response.

I have an SQL query, prevoiusly I could see the wheel which on clicking would open up the SQL query and I could update as per the requirement.

Unfortunately, now I do not see the wheel and I am not sure what has caused this. I did to to install & uninstall PowerBI but of no use.

If you can guide me how to get that back it would be great.

Could you go to advanced editor and post the Line which says Query1 = ...? Would be helpful so we can help you 🙂

This is how at appears :

let
Query1 = Value.NativeQuery(SapHana.Database(

After the bracket the connection details and queries start.

did you (maybe by accident) alter the code in advanced editor after you made the connection? then it could also happen.

I wasn't aware of the Advanced Editor before, I always used the wheel next to the Query1 to make any changes.

lukiz84
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Sorry, but "URGENT!!!"  ?

what is Query1 in Advanced Editor?

Thanks @lukiz84 

My apologies for the URGENT tag, but I needed a quick resolution as am stuck all of a sudden.

Query 1 is an SQL query which is connected to SAP HANA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors