Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query referring to another query

Hi,
I'm getting my data from an API (GraphQL) that requires a token. There is a different token every couple of days, so the query should use a different token each time. (I can't use a static parameter for that).
I have another API query that gets the token whenever it's refreshed. (This query only has one value which is the token)
I'm trying to connect between the two queries so the data will refresh automatically but I keep getting the Formula.Firewall error (Query references other queries, so it may not directly access a data source.).
Is there a way to automatically get the updated token to connect to the API? (without manually change the token each time)

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 3.15.29 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
JamesRobson
Resolver II
Resolver II

Can you turn the Token into a Parameter (Right click on the single value and Drilldown (must be ABC)) and utilise it that way rather than as a query?

For the error message I had a similar issue with passing parameters to SQL and had to change my privacy settings in order to make it work....

JamesRobson_0-1686149360363.png

This started "randomly" as last week it wasn't an issue so guessing there has been some sort of update/change somewhere that now means this has to be ticked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesRobson Thank you for the response! 

Unfortunately, I don't want to change the privacy settings, so I can't use that option. 

Regarding the first option you suggested, I tried to do so, but I keep getting the same error. After the drill down, how can I turn the value into a parameter?

Once you have done the drill down you can then type the name of that into your original query; for example I've created a parameter (drill down) that I renmaed ParameterName and then used it to filter a column......

JamesRobson_0-1686559327621.png

Let me know if that doesn't make sense 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors