Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DanFromMontreal
Helper III
Helper III

Prevent certain Query to be refreshed

Hello dear community,

I need some advice to speed up the refresh.

I have 4 pretty large CSV file (A, B, C, D) that I load, transform and save as CONNECTION ONLY.

After, a new Query (Combine all files) combined them all and perform some extensive Transformation.

The thing is when I modify the Combine all files query, it perform the refresh of A, B, C & D as well.

I do not need to update them as they do not change.

I thouht that since they are already loaded in memory (from the Connection Only), there must be a way to tell the PowerQuery Editor not to update them - that would speed up the overall refresh altogether.

I've tried to modify some parameters in the Query Properties but without success.

Any thoughts on how to prevent the refresh of some queries?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@DanFromMontreal 

Power Query doesn't store data, it has the steps to trasnform. When you referesh your data source/query, it executes the steps and load the data. Take a look at your transformation steps for optimization.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DanFromMontreal
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you Fowmy.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@DanFromMontreal 

Power Query doesn't store data, it has the steps to trasnform. When you referesh your data source/query, it executes the steps and load the data. Take a look at your transformation steps for optimization.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors