Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jabrillo
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report shows Deleted SharePoint Online List Items

Hi, I have a SharePoint list in SharePoint Online and my Power BI report connects to that using SharePoint.Tables. I noticed that some deleted list items are showing on my report. I ran the data refresh several times, but the results were the same. Is this a SharePoint Online problem or Power BI problem? 

6 REPLIES 6
JNAdrienn

Hello,

I had the same issue. I deleted the sharepoint list and restored it. After restoring the list, it showed the already deleted row so I could delete from the list and it disappeared.

BLDBI

Was there a solution to this? I am having the same issue. I have tried to refresh the desktop file and the app. 

I removed all the data from the SharePoint List and then refreshed the data (almost 1 hour later) and 5 rows are still showing in PowerBI, even though the SharePoint List is empty. I added 1 test row and this was immedialy picked up to show a total of 6 rows. Would apprecaite any advice on how to resolve this.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jabrillo ,

Where does this problem occur? In Power BI Desktop or Service?

Based on my test, no matter which version of the SharePoint Online List connector, the deleted items were removed from the report immediately after I refreshed the data in Power BI Desktop. In Power BI Service, after I refreshed the dataset and opened the report, the deleted items didn't display either. 

If this problem occurred in the Service, it is probably because that the report wasn't refreshed after the dataset refresh. It would take some time for the report to be refreshed in the backend after its dataset has been refreshed. Usually the time is short but when the service resource is busy, it would be longer. If the report isn't refreshed, make sure the dataset refresh is completed, then open the report and click the refresh icon in the top right corner to refresh the report manually.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I see the two deleted items in both PBI Desktop and Service. Deleted items are usually removed from the report. My problem is seeing two specific deleted list items. Not sure where the problem is.

AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Need a bit more information, how are you attempting to refresh? Are you refreshing a published report on powerbi.com or within Power BI Desktop pro? If it's the former, how often is the scheduled refresh happening on the report? 

Do the deleted items eventually disappear or are they remaining for days afterwards? And are they still appearing if you clear the sharepoint list's recycling bin?

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

I refresh the data manually in PBI Desktop. Usually I don't see deleted items on my report. My problem is seeing two deleted list items. Not sure what's causing this. I still see them after clearing the SP list's recycle bin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors