Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cwertz
Frequent Visitor

Passing Parameters to OleDB Datasource

Hello,

I am looking to input a date parameter into the OleDB datasource code.

=OleDb.DataSource("provider=PIOLEDB.1;data source=osi-pi", [Query="SELECT *#(lf)FROM [piarchive]..[piavg]#(lf)WHERE tag = 'Value1' #(lf)AND timestep = '1h' #(lf)AND time BETWEEN'*-2y'AND'*'"])

I'd like to add the parameters StartDate and EndDate parameters into the *-2y and * part of the statement, respectively. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

hi, @cwertz 

first define the start and end date pram then pass it like 

let
    StartDate = DateTime.ToText(DateTime.LocalNow() - #duration(730, 0, 0, 0), "yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss"), // 2 years ago from now
    EndDate = DateTime.ToText(DateTime.LocalNow(), "yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss"), // Current time
    Source = OleDb.DataSource("provider=PIOLEDB.1;data source=osi-pi", [Query="SELECT * FROM [piarchive]..[piavg] WHERE tag = 'Value1' AND timestep = '1h' AND time BETWEEN '" & StartDate & "' AND '" & EndDate & "'"])
in
    Source

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

hi, @cwertz 

first define the start and end date pram then pass it like 

let
    StartDate = DateTime.ToText(DateTime.LocalNow() - #duration(730, 0, 0, 0), "yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss"), // 2 years ago from now
    EndDate = DateTime.ToText(DateTime.LocalNow(), "yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss"), // Current time
    Source = OleDb.DataSource("provider=PIOLEDB.1;data source=osi-pi", [Query="SELECT * FROM [piarchive]..[piavg] WHERE tag = 'Value1' AND timestep = '1h' AND time BETWEEN '" & StartDate & "' AND '" & EndDate & "'"])
in
    Source

Thank you for your response. Is it possible to have the defined variables correspond to the parameters "TrialStart" and "TrialEnd." 

you should be able to do it

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors