Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kcdavi01
Frequent Visitor

POST API call using Power Query M - Help

Hi all,

Hope all is well! Im trying to connect to data via an API Post request. Im going through Power Query M to gather the data but fairly new at it.

My query looks like the below (XXX are replacing passwords/sensitivity) but I get the following error message:

Query:

kcdavi01_0-1715709359565.png

Error Message:

Expression.Error: The 'Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key' header is only supported when connecting anonymously. These headers can be used with all authentication types: Accept, Accept-Charset, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Cache-Control, Content-Type, If-Modified-Since, Prefer, Range, Referer

kcdavi01_0-1715709588500.png

Im I not entering the right query to run? How can I connect anonymously? Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kcdavi01 

If you have the related key, you can consider to select web connector when importing data.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1715739046795.png

Then click advanced , and refer to the following picture.

vxinruzhumsft_1-1715739574038.png

You can refer to the following link.

https://wisedatadecisions.com/2021/05/03/parameterize-an-api-request-in-power-query/

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yolo Zhu,

I hope all is well! Thank you for providing that info! I did find it to be good knowledge!

However, it looks like this information is for API requests that use a GET function. I would like to use a POST function and I don’t think the traditional Web connector will work.

Im using Power Query M to write my POST request but ran into issues such as having to connect anonymously. Is this something you’ve encountered before?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help!!

Best,

Kcdavi01

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors