Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBE
Helper II
Helper II

Odata url Date Parameter

Hi

I have started using Odata url links to link Power BI and Excel to MS Dynamics Business Central.

I want to be able to restrict how much data comes over by date. Our Finance data is 6 million + rows and takes a long time to download.

I can restrict the download by adding a ?!filter date to the end of the url, for example ?$filter=<FIELD> gt '2022-10-01' .

This is a fixed date. I would like the Filter date to be a range specfied by user when report is run.

Is it possible to add a user defined date range which the user can change each time it is run ie. 01/10/2022 to 28/10/2022. Thereby restricting the download to relevant dates instead of everything or a hard coded date which never changes?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help

Pete

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PBE
Helper II
Helper II

3 REPLIES 3
PBE
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBE ,

Did the lbendlin's answer helped you? If so, please consider marking the most helpful answer as a solution, as this will help people searching the forum for similar questions in the future to find answers more quickly. Thanks in advance!

If the problem is still unresolved, you can continue to add details of the problem below and feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
Gao
Community Support Team

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors