Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alisag

Odata Date filters when using Power Query

Hello All,

I have the following query which is trying to fetch excahnge rates from Exchange Rate Table,

https://sandbox.operations.dynamics.com/data/ExchangeRates?$select=FromCurrency,ToCurrency,StartDate... FromCurrency eq 'USD' 

is it possible to filter data at the fetch time to get data only for last 2 days(StartDate)

Something like StartDate ge Date.ToText(Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), -2), "yyyy-MM-dd")

the above filter didn't worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day alisag,

If you wish to filter to include yesterday and the day before:

Table.SelectRows( #"Previous Step", each Date.IsInPreviousNDays( [Date], 2 ) )

If you wish to filter to include yesterday and today:

Table.SelectRows( #"Previous Step", each [Date] >= Date.AddDays( Date.From( DateTime.LocalNow() ), -1 ) ),

My date column is called "Date", substitute the name of your date column anywhere I use [Date].

These require your date column to be of type Date.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JWolmanSymplr
Resolver I
Resolver I

Having an additional step does not help in my case. I would like to filter in the OData call itself. And as it happens to work using the following syntax (

$apply=filter(DateValue ge " & Date.ToText(Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()),-102), "yyyy-MM-dd") & " and Date/DayOfWeek eq 5) the Dataflow will not save. I get the following error when I try to save my Dataflow on the Power BI Server: Can't save dataflow One or more tables references a dynamic data source

How can I filter in the Odata statement on a relative date (i.e. Today - 100 Days)? 

@JWolmanSymplr Were you able to solve this? I have the same issue where I need the date filter to be applied in the OData call

Not by doing anything date related with the initial OData feed call itself. I found another way to do it but I was then limited to a some JSON limitation. I have since given up and we have gone a different route to get this information using Mulesoft to call the OData calls and write the necessary information to a data warehouse. Really should be able to do date manipulation in the OData call itself.

alisag

Thank you!! @collinsg , this worked. 😊

collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day alisag,

If you wish to filter to include yesterday and the day before:

Table.SelectRows( #"Previous Step", each Date.IsInPreviousNDays( [Date], 2 ) )

If you wish to filter to include yesterday and today:

Table.SelectRows( #"Previous Step", each [Date] >= Date.AddDays( Date.From( DateTime.LocalNow() ), -1 ) ),

My date column is called "Date", substitute the name of your date column anywhere I use [Date].

These require your date column to be of type Date.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors