Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SHRUTHIPRAKASH

ODBC: ERROR [07002] [Snowflake][ODBC] (10690) Expected descriptor record does not exist during query

I'm trying to call a stored procedure from Snowflake into Excel PowerQuery using an ODBC connection. It works fine when I pass a single or multiple dates (in varchar format), but when I pass a string value (either single or multiple parameters), it gives the following error.

Note that this "Call" runs fine in Snowflake and there are no syntax errors in the procedure itself.

= Odbc.Query("dsn=SNOWFLAKE", "CALL FINANCE_DEV.FINANCE_DB.TEST_PROC_TWO_PERIODS('202303','202304') ;") --Works fine

= Odbc.Query("dsn=SNOWFLAKE", "CALL FINANCE_DEV.FINANCE_DB.TEST_PROC_PERIOD_STATE('MD','202304') ;") --Does not work; see error below

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [07002] [Snowflake][ODBC] (10690) Expected descriptor record does not exist during query execution.

Any thoughts on this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I was getting a similar problem. I had a Snowflake stored procedure that worked fine when called in Snowflake, but gave the error when called through ODBC. After some testing I narrowed it down to something with using multiple variables in a query inside the procedure.

With the following command in my proc, I get the error when calling the proc through ODBC:

select count(*) into :return_value from identifier(:my_table_name);

With either of these commands instead, the error doesn't appear:

select count(*) into :return_value from my_table;

select count(*) from identifier(:my_table_name);

I was able to re-write the procedure to avoid using the "into" and the ODBC problem is gone for me now. Hopefully this helps.

Were you able to resolve the issue? I still seeing the same issue. 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I'm experiencing the same issue, anyone have an idea what to look at to fix?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors