Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MicTeNL
Regular Visitor

Not all rows are loaded froma a Sharepoint library

Hi all,

I have an issue with loading data from a SharePoint document library. The library contains ~1000 files and has more than 12 lookup columns. Therefore, I created a default view without lookup columns. Using the SharePoint Online data connector (2.0, default view) I can successfully connect to the library. However, it only loads 80 rows. 

I tried the following:

• Create a new view, with and without folder flattening > no difference
  • Connect using an OData feed, but then I run into the lookup column threshold
  • Connect to another large library with more than 12 lookup columns, which can be synced without any issues. 

Anybody any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

very sorry to hear that. The hard limit for Power BI is 6 lookup columns and even that will not work most of the time.

Have you tried to connect via Sharepoint.Contents ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MicTeNL
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I found that the issue is that using a view will not flatten folders. I am trying a workaround by syncing the data with another list in power automate.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

A document library with lookup columns? What's the reason for that?

Part of a document management system, so person columns, lookups to other lists, etc.

very sorry to hear that. The hard limit for Power BI is 6 lookup columns and even that will not work most of the time.

Have you tried to connect via Sharepoint.Contents ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors