Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple files with same source excel Data gateway

Hi Team,

I have 15+ excel files which i need to taken and combine in powerbi report. It was good enough to do in Power Query editor. My question is on setting up data gateway. I am using standard gateway and my files are in onedrive. once gateway connections set i found as many number of excel files in gateway source. I am using with different instance like dev, test, prod and it goes numberous files in manage gateways page. How i  make it single source and how i could eliminate this problem.

Thanks

M Logendran

1 REPLY 1
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you have OneDrive (or SharePoint), you shouldn't need a gateway. Just use the SharePoint.Folder connector to get to the cloud files (not the ones in your local sync folder). Please see this article (the Getting Data from a OneDrive Folder section).

Get Excel Data from a Single File or Entire Folder on SharePoint or OneDrive for Business into Power...

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors