Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mgathogo
Frequent Visitor

How to create lines for a line chart with 4 different data retrieval dates

I have a request. Could someone tell me how to create a line chart with four lines showing values for four different dates? Simply, I need to be able to retrieve total open accounts per person four times each month and compare the values to see how they fluctuate between one date and the next. Here is a chart that shows the open accounts for two dates in March as an example. 

I used these filters to achieve this but I need the dates to be dynamic. 

FILTER('Date', 'Date'[Date] >=TODAY()- 17)

FILTER('Date', 'Date'[Date] >=TODAY()- 10)

Sample with two lines for two different dates.Sample with two lines for two different dates.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is most likely the wrong chart type.  Line charts should only be used if the x axis has a (temporal) continuity.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Thank you @lbendlin. That's the kind of chart my manager wants but subject to revision if it does not achieve the intended results. I'll send sample data and more details. 

For things like this, I tend to ask the consumer "What analysis and comparisons are you trying to do here?" I don't ask, "What type of chart do you want?" 

Agree that sample data would help.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

@lbendlin  thanks for your insights. He revised the requirement and the problem is solved. 
@ToddChittthanks for your input. Yes, the question should always be about analysis and comparisons which had already been discussed. I appreciate your feedback. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (651)