Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yiyi
Helper I
Helper I

How to connect to multiple datasets in my workspace from PowerBI desktop?

Hello people, 

I have created several datasets in My Workspace by connecting directly to Azure Monitor Logs (I think they are live connection). I try to make a dashboard on the PowerBI desktop by connecting to all the datasets but after I connected to one via 'Get data' -> 'Power BI datasets', all options turn grey and I can not connect to the other ones. Do someone know if it is even possible to create a dashboard with several datasets in such a case? 

This is what the PowerBI desktop turned to after connected to one dataset from Power BI datasets: 

Yiyi_0-1689771363034.png

1 REPLY 1
rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Yiyi 

you can only establish a connection to one dataset per report in Power BI Desktop. Once you connect to one dataset, the other options indeed become grayed out.

how about using a dataflow? 

As your data is in multiple sources and you want to create a single dataset, consider using Power BI Dataflows.

or try using the composite model feature. 

or how about using PBI service? If you're creating a dashboard (as opposed to a report), and your datasets are in the Power BI service, then you can pull in visuals from multiple different reports (which can be based on different datasets) into a single dashboard.

rubayatyasmin_0-1689517080227.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors