Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

finglonger76

How do I transform this table to make it work for a visual

I have a data set that I cannot change how it comes to me. I need to make a dashboard but the problem is the data is set up with times as columns and then the rows have multiple items needed also. 

finglonger76_0-1705081582604.png

I need to be able to make separte charts for XXX/Alpha of the values by time, and then another for XXX/Beta of the values by time. And so on. The place colume has close to 1000 different items they type only has 4. 

How do I set up a chart that shows the values with the times across the X axis and Values acros the Y using a filter on the chart to select the place and type? 

Does this make sense? My brain has stopped working on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
adudani
Super User
Super User

HI @finglonger76 ,

Consider unpivoting the time columns into a two columns : attribute (time) and value (the numbers /counts)

Once this is tabulated , the x axis would be (time) . Y axis could be either of the fields with the other one on the legend.

If you would like both fields to be on the Y axis, consider making a custom column concatenating both fields.

Kindly provide a sample input masking sensitive information if this does not resolve the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!
If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a Kudos 🙂
Kind Regards,
Avinash

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
adudani
Super User
Super User

HI @finglonger76 ,

Consider unpivoting the time columns into a two columns : attribute (time) and value (the numbers /counts)

Once this is tabulated , the x axis would be (time) . Y axis could be either of the fields with the other one on the legend.

If you would like both fields to be on the Y axis, consider making a custom column concatenating both fields.

Kindly provide a sample input masking sensitive information if this does not resolve the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!
If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a Kudos 🙂
Kind Regards,
Avinash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors