Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tksnota
Regular Visitor

How To Link Columns With Almost Same Values But Power BI Only Choose One

Hi,

From the screenshot, 2 colums from different tables contain the same word but upon linking them (many to many) and try to add a field power value (net) from one of the column the rest table goes blank see screenshot 3.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

tksnota_0-1715332578011.png

tksnota_1-1715332628174.png

tksnota_2-1715332757063.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @tksnota 

Thanks for your quick reply.

for the first question, there is a 'Accept as a Solution' button in the bottom right corner, if you think the message I provided will help you, you can click on the Accept as a Solution' button in the bottom right corner of my message.

for the second question, power bi need the officcal account from school or company, if you change it to your personal email account, it may cannot log in, you can refer to the following link.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi#sup...

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @tksnota 

You could find more  exact answer in the following link. you can ask more more on it.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/community-feedback

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thanks for the solution @HotChilli  provided and i want to offer some more information for user to refer to .

hello @tksnota , based on the picture you have offered, you can refer to the following solution.

Sample data 

Table1

vxinruzhumsft_0-1715666879801.png

Table2

vxinruzhumsft_1-1715666894254.png

You can create a new column in Table 2 to query the same words in Table 1 as those in Column 1.

Related_name = MAXX(FILTER('Table1',CONTAINSSTRING([Column1],[Type])),[Type])

vxinruzhumsft_2-1715667131534.png

Then you can use the new column to create relationship with table1.

vxinruzhumsft_3-1715667176488.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the help. Being new in this forum I need to assistance on a few simple questions

1.  If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Will I just need to reply Accept in this thread?

2. I need to move my fabric account from my office email address to my personal outlook. How do I that?

3. If I was able to move the fabric account to my outlook, will I still be able to see the post(s) I created using my company email?

//tksnota

Hi @tksnota 

You could find more  exact answer in the following link. you can ask more more on it.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/community-feedback

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Hi,

What's the approach to eliminate the duplication of the invoice amount and only showed a single amount even if the po values are being added occassionally as shown

tksnota_0-1715681706793.png

Hi @tksnota 

Thanks for your quick reply.

for the first question, there is a 'Accept as a Solution' button in the bottom right corner, if you think the message I provided will help you, you can click on the Accept as a Solution' button in the bottom right corner of my message.

for the second question, power bi need the officcal account from school or company, if you change it to your personal email account, it may cannot log in, you can refer to the following link.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi#sup...

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Thanks. I accept the solution.

My question is if I left the company which meant I don't have access to the company email, can I still see the post I created as reference? If so, please advise what's the process?

//tksnota

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thanks for the solution @HotChilli  provided and i want to offer some more information for user to refer to .

hello @tksnota , based on the picture you have offered, you can refer to the following solution.

Sample data 

Table1

vxinruzhumsft_0-1715666879801.png

Table2

vxinruzhumsft_1-1715666894254.png

You can create a new column in Table 2 to query the same words in Table 1 as those in Column 1.

Related_name = MAXX(FILTER('Table1',CONTAINSSTRING([Column1],[Type])),[Type])

vxinruzhumsft_2-1715667131534.png

Then you can use the new column to create relationship with table1.

vxinruzhumsft_3-1715667176488.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Any idea how to fix this problem? - clean the data. There's no point trying to do anything until you make the names the same in different tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors