Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

edozzy

Forward look planning for appointments

I have a table in Power BI with an "appointment end date" column with multiple range of different end dates.

I have managed to create an extra column with specified as follows 

Days Remaining = Datediff(today(), 'Live Campaigns List'[Appointment End Date], DAY)
This has created a column which has calculated the difference in days format between today and the Appointment End Date entries. This query works which is great but I have few more things I am unsure how to do. 

I also want to create a Days Overdue list but the calculation does not work. I am using the following column calculation 
Days Overdue = DATEDIFF(TODAY(),SELECTEDVALUE('Live Campaigns List'[Appointment End Date]),DAY) and I get an error. 
What am I doing wrong?

Next I want to specify that the days remaining are Monday to Friday working days only. How can I do that? And also same for the overdue days column? 

Last, I want to automatically highlight those days that are  at the 9 months (ie 273 days) or 12 months (360 days) mark distance of the date in the 'appointment end date' from today. This is linked to forward planning for appointments and knowing when we start planning campaigns. Those dates that fall within dates from 9 to 12 months (or under) of the relevant end date need to be listed in a visualisation table. Hope that makes sense. 

Let me know if you can help. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Syk
Super User
Super User

You just want a new column that is basically the "appointment end date" + 9-12 months?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors