Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

danielmarques
Frequent Visitor

Expression.Error: We cannot convert a value of type Table to type Binary.

I started getting this error when I got my new computer. So, I changed the file Sources within each table. I thought it would be enough to solve the issue, but now I get this message saying We cannot convert a value of type Table to type Binary.

danielmarques_0-1710445273039.png

danielmarques_1-1710445466513.png

danielmarques_2-1710445485516.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-junyant-msft ,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the help from a friend, and here's what we did to fix the error:

- We extended the Transform File Column (load all columns);

- On the inserted step, we renamed every single header. So it was "Transform File.OrderDate," we renamed it to OrderDate, and we did it for every column.

- We also double-checked every "Source" step to ensure the directory was correct since I recently updated to a new computer (and I think that's the main reason I get things a little messed up).

pbi-1.png

pbi-2.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielmarques ,

Regarding the error message "We cannot convert a value of type Table to type Binary," it seems like there's a mismatch in the expected data format. When working with data in Power BI and Microsoft Fabric, it's crucial to ensure that the data types and formats are correctly aligned with the operations or transformations you're attempting to perform. For converting data types, specific methods and functions need to be used, ensuring compatibility with the source and destination formats.
Without detailed M function as well as sample data, it is difficult for me to help you determine what the problem is with the information available, can you provide more details?

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-junyant-msft ,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the help from a friend, and here's what we did to fix the error:

- We extended the Transform File Column (load all columns);

- On the inserted step, we renamed every single header. So it was "Transform File.OrderDate," we renamed it to OrderDate, and we did it for every column.

- We also double-checked every "Source" step to ensure the directory was correct since I recently updated to a new computer (and I think that's the main reason I get things a little messed up).

pbi-1.png

pbi-2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors