Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

scottalan333

Duplicate Values Merging

I am trying to merge two financial statements in order to reconcile on amounts. I rather have a unique key to reconcile, but the statments do not seem to have any unique identifier to tie them together. What happens when I merge as new in Power Query, any unique number works perfect, and leaves blank which is the result I am looking for. However, if the number matches ($193.00 in the example below) Power Query adds that number even if it doesn't exist on one of the statements. How can I prevent this from happening?  

scottalan333_0-1701979808022.png

1 REPLY 1
spinfuzer
Super User
Super User

If the reports have the same number of rows then add an index column and merge by index column.

Otherwise maybe try grouping by number first and count of the number.  Next you merge and maybe you will see that 193 is count 2 on one sheet but count 1 on the other.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors