Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ss898989

Dividing the number of weekdays based on provincial holidays

Hello, 

I am very new with Power BI and I am trying to create a report which seems complicated to me.

I have a column stating the hours worked by each agent on each row. I need to divid the amount in it by the number of working days in that week but I have a couple of conditions that I don't know how to solve.

1. Not all agents work all days of the week. For example some only work 2 days, even if the week is 5 days. 

2. It also matters which day of the week they work, because if they work on Mondays and Tuesdays, then Monday is a holiday so they are working one day in that week.

3. Different agents are in different provinces and not all holidays are federal. So for example an agent might have a 4 day week and needs their hour to be divided by 4 and some other need to be divided by 5. 

Is there a solution to make this work so I can automate this report?

• Any suggestions appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Sounds like you need agent specific calendars.  How many agents?

Can you explain more about the agent specific calendars or if there is any youtube tutorial you can send? 

There are 240 agents but only 3 work less than 5 days a week and the rest can be grouped for provincial holidays. Meaning e.g 40 of them have the same province then 30 in another province and so on.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors