Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cindy

Discrepancy in AS measure between Excel get data and PowerBi get data

Hi everyone!

Using Excel get data from a deployed SSAS cube (tabular), I was able to extract 1.7M records into the Excel sheet which is the exact count from the Oracle DB source. 

However, using PowerBi get data from the same cube, the loading stopped at 1.07M records into the model.  

We do our ELT from Oracle DB to SqlServer 2014, then deploy our AS to SqlServer2014.

I would appreciate your help so much.

Thanks,

Cindy

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cindy,

Based on my search, I do not find the document list the data model limitation in Power BI desktop. But there is a limitation in Power Query: Maximum number of rows filled to worksheet is 1,048,576. As Power BI will generate backend query when we get data, I guess the issue might be the number of rows exceeds the Power Query allowed rows.

In your scenario, please get data from the same SSAS data source under Power Query tab in Excel, check if the same issue occurs.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks v-qiuyu!

I'm sorry I forgot to mention about my other BI graph that was able to handle 109M and 1.26T data.  (see first image below). Nevertheless, I tried, as you suggested, getting data from the same SSAS data source under Power Query tab in Excel, but it stopped at around 1.07M and returned an error message.(see 2nd image below) 

Thanks for your support. 🙂

More than 1.07MMore than 1.07Mcindy2.PNG

Hi @cindy,

From your original post, you mentioned "loading stopped at 1.07M records into the model in desktop". But in your second post, you said "other BI graph that was able to handle 109M and 1.26T data", it means you can load data more than 1.07 M in desktop, right? Also can you tell us which visual can't handle 109M data?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Qiuyun Yu!
My apologies if I cannot give you an accurate info until I return to work on the 2nd of January.
Regards,
Cindy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors