Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PremK
Helper I
Helper I

DATA SOURCE ERROR With MongoDB || EMERGENCY

In MongoDB  i have 8 Collections  IN A DB named DEVELOPMENT. All Collections contains multiple documents and values. 

I had connected this DB  with PBI ( throug 2 methods - 1. Using  Get Data - MongoDB Atlas SQL ( Beta ) - Atlas SQL URL ,,||  2. Using Get Data - ODBC - Atlas SQL ODBC Drivers  )

While selecting the required Tables ( Collections ) from the DB,  Only some tables  ( 4 out of 8 Tables ) previews the Data Values in it But Other Tables showing error 

PremK_0-1715875056046.png

But  actually All the Tables have Data's in MongoDB  Data Base. i have no idea why the error is showing

I have tried multiple ways to resolve this error like - cleared Cahe,  in Data Source Setting Cleared All permissions and Reconnected Them,  But all my efforts gone waste.

Please guide me to Resolve this error and bring all the Table data's into PBI....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PremK 

As only some tables have this error, this is probably not a Power BI issue. I searched the error in MongoDB community and found some similar threads. This is likely an issue with the SQL Schema. This error occurs when there isn’t a sql schema created for your underlying collection/table. You need to regenerate the SQL Schema for these collections or for the whole federated database instance. Check out these instructions for more information: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/data-federation/query/sql/sqlgenerateschema/ 

Similar threads in MongoDB Community:

Power BI: DataSource.Error: The table has no visible columns and cannot be queried - MongoDB Atlas -...

MongoServerError: sqlGenerateSchema command not found - Working with Data / Connectors & Integration...

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PremK
Helper I
Helper I

Really THANK YOU v-jingzhan-msft

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PremK 

As only some tables have this error, this is probably not a Power BI issue. I searched the error in MongoDB community and found some similar threads. This is likely an issue with the SQL Schema. This error occurs when there isn’t a sql schema created for your underlying collection/table. You need to regenerate the SQL Schema for these collections or for the whole federated database instance. Check out these instructions for more information: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/data-federation/query/sql/sqlgenerateschema/