Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bhaskarkolli9
Frequent Visitor

Concatenation of rows for column

Hi All,

I am trying to create column based on available column.

Such as TDLINE ,TDNAME,Test desire result as below.

Requesting any posiblitities in M query please help.

Thanks in advance.

Bhaskarkolli9_0-1700740422444.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpessoa8
Super User
Super User

Hello @Bhaskarkolli9,

This is possibile in PowerQuery by doing some adjustments inside a GroupBy option.

Grouping the information by TDNAME you can add a new Column using the Text.Combine function like : 

Table.Group(Source, {"TDNAME"}, {{"Desire Result", each Text.Combine([TDLINE],","), type nullable text}, {"All", each _, type table [TDNAME=nullable text, TDLINE=nullable text, Test=nullable text]}})

jpessoa8_0-1700743802160.png

You can get in this link a PowerBI file with an example : https://we.tl/t-emzQC0kXFv

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudo 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Jorge Pessoa

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jpessoa8
Super User
Super User

Hello @Bhaskarkolli9,

This is possibile in PowerQuery by doing some adjustments inside a GroupBy option.

Grouping the information by TDNAME you can add a new Column using the Text.Combine function like : 

Table.Group(Source, {"TDNAME"}, {{"Desire Result", each Text.Combine([TDLINE],","), type nullable text}, {"All", each _, type table [TDNAME=nullable text, TDLINE=nullable text, Test=nullable text]}})

jpessoa8_0-1700743802160.png

You can get in this link a PowerBI file with an example : https://we.tl/t-emzQC0kXFv

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudo 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Jorge Pessoa

Thanks for your responce.

We still facing the issue like coulmn was not find, but we have column available in table.

Bhaskarkolli9_0-1700811080846.png

Bhaskarkolli9_1-1700811142606.png

Hi @Bhaskarkolli9,

In the Table.Group function you're providing, you are not referencing the previous step (Added Items1), but the "Source" step (as you can see in the picture bellow):

jpessoa8_0-1700815038496.png

Instead you should have this :

Table.Group(#"Added Items1", {"TDNAME"}, {{"Desire Result", each Text.Combine([TDLINE],","), type nullable text}, {"All", each _, type table [TDNAME=nullable text, TDLINE=nullable text, Test=nullable text]}})

For additional help, please @ me in your reply!

Best regards,
Jorge Pessoa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors