Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jouworld

Combine multiple table to one on Power Query

Hello,

I want to combine multiple tables to one on power query and i did it, but i have 48 table that have i title that i want to use as information in a new collumn.

Capturar.PNG

Help me please!

@PowerQuerryGuru 

@PowerQuestion 

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jouworld 

What is the data source of all 48 tables? If they are files like Excel, TXT, CSV .etc and stored in the same folder, you can use Folder connector to connect to this folder and combine all files into one query. After combining files, there is a new "Source.Name" column in that combined query. The Source.Name column indicates that from which file every row is getting data. 

Reference:

Folder 

Combine files 

Import all CSV files from a folder with their filenames in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

jbwtp
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Jouworld,

I guess, you are combining files from a folder or sharepoint and got this ugly result.

The way to fix it is to find something like this (this set of queries are created by PQ Editor automatically when you export a quantity of files):

jbwtp_0-1659069756627.png

You are interested in the last one which looks like a table and typically would be called "Transsform Sample File".

Open (select) this query and add a step "Use First Row as a header" (you may need to do it a couple of times to push the headers in the headers).

jbwtp_1-1659069883511.png

It will automatically apply this to all files being loaded and should sort your issue.

Let me know if this is more complex than this.

Cheers,

John

KT_Bsmart2gethe
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Jouworld ,

I am not quite able to link your description to the screenshot.  (i.e. what do you mean by "have 48 table that have i title that i want to use as information in a new column."

What is your desired outcome? Would you be able to mock up one and share it? 

Regards

KT

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors