Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

karl184
Frequent Visitor

Append same table with different parameter

Hello everyone ,

I would like to append the same table starting from the limit settled before ;

""OFFSET"": ""0""

""LIMIT"": ""55""

Offset 0 to limit 55 the table give me first 55 rows ;

then aappending at the same table 56 to 110 ; so offset 55 and new limit 110 ecc.

Just because is crashing uploading all the table at the same time .

Could someone help me ? 

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
karl184
Frequent Visitor

@rubayatyasmin 

Thank you for the answer but I need to append the same table without modify manually the code ;

I would like to have a routine that could update the appending itself 

Thank you in advance

try incremental refresh. With the incremental refresh, there are some issues. 

Please note, this method allows Power BI to load data in a more manageable way, but you will still have to manually update the Offset and Limit parameters each time you want to load more data into your table. Also note that the Incremental Refresh feature is only available for Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium users.

rubayatyasmin_0-1689517080227.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @karl184 

In Power BI, you can achieve the same result by using the Power Query Editor to apply the OFFSET and LIMIT functionality. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open your Power BI report and navigate to the Power Query Editor. You can access it by clicking on "Edit Queries" in the Home tab.

2. In the Power Query Editor, select the table you want to append data to.

3. In the Home tab, click on "Advanced Editor" in the "Home" section. This will open the advanced editor window.

4. In the advanced editor window, you need to modify the M query code to include the OFFSET and LIMIT functionality. Here's an example of how you can do it:

let // Your existing code for loading the table goes here // Add the following lines to include OFFSET and LIMIT offset = 0, limit = 55, source = YourTable, // Replace 'YourTable' with the actual name of your table // Apply OFFSET and LIMIT appendedData = Table.Skip(Table.FirstN(source, offset), offset), limitedData = Table.FirstN(appendedData, limit) in limitedData

1. Update the offset and limit values as needed for each batch. For example, for the second batch, you would change offset to 55 and limit to 55.

2. Click on "Done" to save the changes and close the Power Query Editor.

By modifying the M query code, you can apply the OFFSET and LIMIT functionality to retrieve data in smaller chunks and append it to your table in Power BI.

rubayatyasmin_0-1689517080227.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors