Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adobe Analytics Connector - Filter dimension by specific values

Hi, 
I'm using adobe analytics 2.0 connector and trying to filter on a dimension in the 'added items' step. 
The Dimension column is "variables/evar31.1" which is "Marketing Channel 1D MR" &
"variables/campaign" which is "Tracking Code [campaign]"

I want to limit the "Marketing Channel 1D MR" to include only values "SocialMedia" & "SocialmediaOwned". Otherwise, too much data is included and affects loads time. 

This is current code snippet:

= Cube.Transform(vrs...,
        {
            {Cube.ApplyParameter, "DateRange", {#date(2022, 10, 25), #date(2022, 10, 25)}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "DateGranularity", {"variables/daterangeday"}, {"Date Granularity.Level 3: Day"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "variables/evar31.1", {"variables/evar31.1"}, {"Marketing Channel 1D MR"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "variables/campaign", {"variables/campaign"}, {"Tracking Code [campaign]"}},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Orders [purchase]", "metrics/orders"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Revenue [purchase]", "metrics/revenue"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Units [purchase]", "metrics/units"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Visits", "metrics/visits"},
            {Cube.ApplyParameter, "Segment", {{}}}
        })

I'd guess I need to add another applyParameter such as below but am not able to get to work:
{Cube.ApplyParameter, "Marketing Channel 1D MR", {{}}},

I've checked below and can't figure out still/not relevant, in case somehow can help:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Adobe-Analytics-Connector-Dimension-Filters/m-p/1226737#M54...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Adobe-Analytics-Connector-Limiting-Dimensions/m-p/676602#M3...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Adobe-Analytics-Connector-Dimension-Filters/m-p/1226737#M54...

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
gmadraj
Frequent Visitor

I thought of this approach but If I need segments as filters then I need x number tables for x number of filters in powerbi dashboard. 

gmadraj
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous Just wanted to check if you had any solution for your problem. I am stuck as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, didn't get code to work. In case it helps as alternative, can try creating a segment within adobe and then adding this segment when adding items in pbi

chris78912181_0-1703008119573.png

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Cube.ApplyParameter(cube as table, parameter as any, optional arguments as nullable list) as table

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "Marketing Channel 1D MR"},

It's said that it's optional, please try the above.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for above. I've played around with more but still not working, and not sure on code you're suggesting, if can add example maybe. 
Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors