Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Learner_2024
Regular Visitor

Power APP: No item to display on edit form

Hi, I am trying to create an edit form in power app. I have a gallery that when you click on the a record it will show the form in Edit mode, it works when pressing the alt key, but when the actual app is running, the no display comes up. Any ideas what is happening? thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

It depends on what your app is meant to do - I would say most people just have the form open in edit mode. If you want view mode to be the default, then have an edit button that has the OnSelect configured to change the display mode to edit that is also valid. I would do a YouTube search for Reza or Shane Young for Power Apps forms, they have a lot of good tutorials on how to set things up. 

Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Learner_2024,

What type of form are you using and have you seperated display and edit into separate screens and forms?

Can you also share a bit more details about your screen/form setup of your app, for example a couple for screenshots. This will help with the troubleshooting.

Below is an example of a random custom app which uses this two separate screens/forms as well.

browsescreens_editdetails.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.